Brief Overview

"I'm a WorldChanger" is a new initiative that aims to link businesses with great kingdom projects around the world. Providing tailor made sponsorship solutions we can design opportunities for companies and individuals to give financially and of your time and expertise. You CAN change the lives of others!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Taking I'm a WorldChanger to the next level

Five weeks to go until my Dreaming with Purpose conference. One of the goals for the conference is to introduce "I'm a WorldChanger" as a ministry and some of the projects we are working with.

Then I feel it will be time to take "I'm a WorldChanger" to the next level - that is, to establish it as a stand alone business/ministry.

So today I've started the business plan which will be submitted to potential investors and donators for the start up capital required.

I want to build something that can provide sustainable support to many projects. Something that is much larger than just myself or Horizon. I say this because for a genuine Kingdom initiative to succeed it must have vision beyond the local church. Horizon is my base, my heart and my family. Horizon gives me the freedom and support to run with our dreams.

But it is wrong to believe that the church should support my or anyones kingdom dreams. It may assist me get going but true kingdom dreams will eventually support themselves - drawing support from both the secular and Christian communities. If I am truly to change the world I must learn to work with it. And not in some begrudging way - I'm looking forward to it. On this journey most of my encouragement has come from secular friends of mine - people in senior positions in the business community. So it is not unrealistic to believe that financial and networking support will also come from there - as well as potential clients.

I'm sorry to have to admit this, but Christians do not have a monopoly on "good deeds" and philanthropy! That may shock some of you but it's true.

So I need to build a business that operates across and into the secular world. I will do that in a way that holds fast to the vision and values God has given me as they will form the core of WHO we are and WHY we will be different.

So today I start writing a business plan.

What will I need to take "I'm a WorldChanger" to the next level?

Pray for me please.

2 comments:

  1. You're right that Christians do not have a monopoly on goodness. Jesus' cosmic work included all of the human race and brought everyone into participation in the relationship of love and goodness between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Whether people chose to acknowledge or participate in that relationship or not doesn't change the fact that all goodness, generosity, love and compassion in the universe comes from the heart of God. God IS love.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Joshua was encouraged by God....so do we encourage you Pastor...go ahead we pray for you.

    The text reads "Jos 1:6 “Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them.
    Jos 1:7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.
    Jos 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
    Jos 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

    ReplyDelete